Floodle

There's fluff in my noodle

Friday, April 14, 2006

Do traditional media take their websites seriously?

I was reading an article on the website of The Telegraph, a well respected newspaper in the UK.
The article in question is here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2006/01/14/mfsmart14.xml

The fourth word in the article is spelt incorrectly, the article begins "A British vehicle porducer", what's a porducer?, do they not have a spell checker.

This is so typical of old media not taking new media seriously.

This paper is one of the most respected newspapers in the UK, to make a mistake like that and leave it there since 14th January 2006 is unforgivable.

Of course I'm allowed to make as many spelling mistakes as I want, it's almost expected, but a newspaper - nope, not allowed.

BTW, the article is quite interesting but I'll believe it when I see it, the company involved doesn't even seem to have a website which is not a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home