Floodle

There's fluff in my noodle

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Corruption on www.moneysavingexpert.com

I'm a big fan of www.moneysavingexpert.com and often get quie a bit of traffic from the forums there and was getting quite a lot today until someone pulled the thread that mentioned my website.
The thread was at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=295243 but is now gone.
I can only assume that the person who pulled the post did so because they sell the ebooks I give away free on www.floodle.net and didn't want the forum readers to get them free.
Maybe the people who moderate the forum should disclose any conflicts of interest they have and hopefully stop deleting threads based on their personal choice - not really in keeping with the etos of the site.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I too was recently receiving a relatively huge amount of traffic from moneysavingexpert.co.uk, from a link to my site placed in my signature on the forum. However, one of the moderators spotted this, and removed the link from my signature. Is there any other way to post a link on the site? As I am yet to find another source of such a volume of traffic.

    Thanks very much.

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oops! I forgot to mention my site's URL...

    http://www.totalcreditcrunch.com

    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home